Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Painting as Journaling

My way of experiencing the world is to take things apart and put them back together visually. My paintings documents that process. As I travel the world I deconstruct and reconstruct everything I see. What happens is lots of disparate elements are orchestrated and brought into balance. My paintings are a record of my observations. Painting for me is a way of exercising my memory as well as my imagination. The paintings are built-up of many layers of visual information which is carefully integrated and culled from my recollections. In the process of painting I utilize many unconventional tools such as trowels and knives. The image is primarily derived from texture. Color combination are pulled from observations of nature. My paintings are my Journal.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Wailea-Makena,United States

No comments: